Virtual Team Courses
Virtual Team Courses provide and in-depth learning experience using video conferencing with a live educator. Find some friends and learn together.
For advocacy group, foundations, and other organizations Virtual Team Courses are a great way to build new pockets of community within your membership.
As with all of our products, if you are interested in a topic that is not already listed or would like to discuss customizing our materials please contact us for more information.
Join-the-Team: An 8-week session that allows the participant to become a member of a fictional Research and Development team
This hands-on program will invite active advocates to practice working with a study team to design and execute a clinical study using Problem-Based Learning. A real product concept will be introduced and the team will work on the issues that arise throughout the development of that idea. The participants will be coached on how they can have more impact, engage the professionals in a credible way, and take a practical, businesslike approach to their work.
At the end of this exercise, participants will be able to:
- Claim their rightful place in planning and execution with confidence and appropriate decorum
- Assess what is known and what is yet to be known
- Research the available literature, outside experts to fill in the knowledge gaps
- Leverage the expertise of all the people involved
- Use their own expertise to challenge those experts to ask the right questions
- Stand strong on their positions, or to shift their views, based on evidence
- Influence the discussions that will shape the future of medicine
The course includes eight, two hour sessions, typically scheduled weekly over eight weeks. This allows the participant time to digest and practice the information from the previous session as well as to prepare for the following week. This course is typically taught through WebEx but based on team’s location and available space there may be an option for in person training.
Salem Oaks is committed to listening to patients to meet their needs. If you or your organization has suggestions for future course topics, or an immediate need for a course please contact us.
We appreciate feedback and the opportunity for conversations.